Even though the holiday season can be quite busy, it’s never too busy to ensure that your personal information is safe when shopping online.
The total financial loss attributed to identity theft in 2013 is estimated to be $21 billion. As a consumer, you should be on high alert this holiday season, and any time you choose to make purchases online, to avoid falling victim to identity theft and to protect your sensitive financial information.
Find helpful tips below from our partner, Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA), and from Premier Bank, that you should consider if you are planning to make any of your holiday purchases online in the coming weeks.
- Tip #1 – Secure your computer and browser by setting your firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware software to automatically update and scan your computer.
- Tip #2 – When creating online passwords, use one that is unique that only you know.
- Tip #3 – Don’t give Social Security or driver’s license numbers, over the phone, through the mail or on the Internet unless you know exactly whom you’re dealing with.
- Tip #4 – If you receive an email asking for personal information, do not hit the reply button or click on any links. Go to the sender’s website to investigate further.
- Tip #5 – Look for secure sites with an “s” in the URL (https://) and a close-padlock icon on the Web page when making purchases. These websites are secure.
- Tip #6 – Double-check URLs to be sure you are shopping with the company you intended. A simple typo can help identity thieves.
At Premier Bank, our customers’ safety and financial security is our top priority. If you have questions about the security of your financial information, our team at Premier is more than happy to discuss any problems or concerns you might have. Happy Holidays!
Make Reservations Today!
Our next LunchU is Wednesday, November 19, 2014 from 11:45am to 1:00pm.
Join us at the Greensboro Regional Realtors Association to discuss The Outlook for the Triad Economy 2015 presented by panelists Dr. G. Donald Jud, Professor Emeritus and Senior Research Fellow at the Center for Business and Economics Research in the Bryan School of Business and Economics at UNCG, and Ramsey K. Hamadi, Senior Executive VP and CFO of NewBridge Bank. Click here for more information and register online.
From The Department of Homeland Security’s United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) website:
“US-CERT reminds users to protect against email scams and cyber campaigns using the Ebola virus disease (EVD) as a theme. Phishing emails may contain links that direct users to websites which collect personal information such as login credentials, or contain malicious attachments that can infect a system.”
Read more on the US-CERT website, including preventive measures you can use.
Greensboro, N.C. – NewBridge Bancorp, a community bank headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., and Premier Commercial Bank (“Premier”), a financial institution also headquartered in Greensboro, announced today the signing of a definitive merger agreement that will result in a community bank with total assets of… Read more.
Click Here to read our Summer 2014 Newsletter.
Premier was one of the title sponsors for the 5th annual 1 mile walk/run, 4k run, Run for the Greenway. The race raises money and awareness for the construction of the Greensboro Downtown Greenway.
Thanks to everyone who helped make the Run 4 the Greenway a success again for the 5th year in a row!
Make Reservations Today!
Our next LunchU is Wednesday, August 20, 2014 from 11:45am to 1:00pm. Join us at the Greensboro Regional Realtors Association to discuss Hiring and Firing – Tips to Protect Your Business presented by Barbara Thornton and Heather Bumgarner from People Development Partners. Click here for more information and register online.
A 1- Mile Walk/Run, 4-Mile Run on Saturday, September 6, 2014. Register Here.
Find out more about the Run 4 the Greenway here.
On Friday, July 11, 2014 Premier Commercial Bank discovered an issue with PIN-based debit card transactions. The issue lies within the VISA™Interlink approval network that many merchants use for approvals of PIN-based transactions. As a result, your card may be denied when you attempt a PIN-based transaction.
Please refer to the System Upgrade tab for additional details concerning your debit card.
Premier Commercial Bank is investing in a new, state of the art core-processing system to provide you with enhanced features, better service, and to accommodate future growth for the Bank.
We will be making improvements to:
- Online Banking, to include a new Personal Financial Management feature
- New custom Mobile Banking applications for Apple and Android devices
- Remote check deposit for consumers
- Enhanced ACH services for Cash Management clients
- Improved administrative capabilities to help our business clients better-manage online access
The upgrade will begin Thursday, July 10, 2014 and will be complete on Monday, July 14, 2014. There will be some interruption of service during this period. We want you to be informed and prepared for the changes that will take place that weekend.
Please visit the System Upgrade page for details and specific instructions pertaining to your account(s). If you have any questions not addressed here, please contact us at 336-398-2321.